The District is located in Montgomery County east of Interstate Highway 45. Located approximately 2 miles southeast of the City of Willis, Texas and approximately 8 miles north of the City of Conroe, Texas, the District is bounded on the north by County Line Road, on the east by Rose Road and on the south by FM 2432, and lies entirely within the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the Cities. Created with approximately 488.050 acres, there have been no subsequent exclusions or annexations. The District is located primarily in Willis Independent School District, with a small portion located within Conroe Independent School District.
The District is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of five (5) Board members elected by the registered voters of the District, who manage and supervise all affairs of the District. Board members must either own property within the District or be a registered voter within the District. Each Board member is elected to serve a staggered four (4) year term. The District’s current Board members are as follows:
- Gretchal L. “LaVerne” Woodruff, President, Term Expires: May 2024
- Ed McKeon, Vice-President, Term Expires: May 2026
- Sandra D. Russell, Secretary, Term Expires: May 2026
- Conrad Dean Greenway, Asst. Secretary, Term Expires: May 2024
- George E. Waggoner, Director, Term Expires: May 2026